- Red lentil
- Yellow lentils
- Brown lentils
- Lentils contains a high proportion of protein up in every hundred grams to about 27.5 percent.
- Keep it rich in protein instead of meat eating.
- The proportion of carbohydrates up to nearly 5.9 percent.
- While contain a small percentage of fat around 1.4 percent, which is quite different vegetable fats for saturated animal fats.
- It contains a high proportion of vitamin «A» necessary for the safety of sight, skin and operations growth and vitality of the body and the preservation of fertility.
- Lentil is also rich in vitamin foods group.
- As well as it contains the equivalent of 59.3 mg of calcium and 107 mg phosphorus and 438 mg iron, and these mineral salts help to strengthen bones and teeth and the integrity of the cartilage and blood components.
Lentil is a source of dietary fiber, both soluble and insoluble. And be soluble fiber gel-like substance in the digestive system get rid of acids and toxic substances that contain cholesterol, while fiber works insoluble to facilitate the process of digestion and combat constipation and protection from gastrointestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome.The benefits of lentils :
- Useful in cases of anemia rich in iron.
- It is a tonic for the nerves rich in vitamin b.
- Peel lentils useful in the treatment of constipation.
- Useful for children so that increases the weight and help the growth of bones and teeth in cases of calcium deficiency.
- Lentil flour is useful for people with mental and business people with indigestion.
- It increases the secretion of milk at the breast-feeding women.